Dance To Inspire Policies
All entries are 3 minutes in length other than a production, which is up to 6 minutes. We do offer extended time for purchase (RATES CAN BE VIEWED ONCE THE STUDIO HAS REGISTERED WITH US THROUGH DANCECOMP GENIE). Payment in full must be received 45 days prior to event date in order to receive studio discounts/rebates. No exceptions. Studios that did not receive any discounts/rebates must submit payment no later than 30 days prior. Entries will not be scheduled until payment in full has been received.
• Entries submitted without proper entry fees will not be considered valid entries. Studio checks, bank checks and credit cards will be accepted for payment. (Payments made after the deadline date must be paid with a MC/VISA or bank check.) Once payment has been processed, refunds will not be issued. Credits will be issued at the discretion of the director. Entries will not be scheduled until payment is received. No exceptions.
•We will confirm receipt of entries with all studios by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, we advise that you contact us. All schedule and competition information will be sent by email.
•If you have entered a Dance To Inspire competition (ex:made a deposit) with a promotion/discount, you would not qualify for an additional promotion/discount. However, you may enter a SECOND LOCATION with a separate discount.
• Independent Entries will be accepted. Independent Entries must also adhere to all of our competition guidelines.
• Dancers are not limited in the number of entries; however, soloists cannot compete against themselves in any one category.
• A separate entry form must be completed and submitted with each entry/dance. Forms must include the Owner, Director, or Teacher signature along with the age and D.O.B. for each participant. Alternately, the Online Entry System may be accessed and entries may be submitted online. Online Entries: by checking policy box, the Studio Owner/Director or authorized teacher agrees to the policies of Dance To Inspire, LLC. As the Studio Director/Teacher, you acknowledge, and release the directors and employees of Dance To Inspire LLC, of any and all claims for damages or injuries which may be sustained by any persons associated with my studio while participating in any activity connected with this competition. All participants also release the rights to the use of their photos and/or videos by Dance To Inspire, LLC, for promotional purposes only.
• All dancers must be ready to dance 30-45 minutes prior to their scheduled performance time. If submitting music by CD, your music must be available to us no later than 1 hour prior to the entry's scheduled performance time. All dancers must check-in backstage 5 dances prior to their scheduled time. Extra breaks may be added if the competition is running more than 30 minutes ahead of schedule. If a dancer leaves the stage prior to the completion of his/her dance, a second attempt may be allowed at the discretion of the director, but points will be deducted off of his/her score. Each situation is unique so if it was injury related, the point deduction may be waived.
• All entries must be suitable for family viewing. Dances that display violence, social prejudice, or are sexually suggestive are inappropriate and will result in point reduction or disqualification, at the discretion of the director.
• Stage props are allowed with the following limitations. All props must be set up and recovered within a two minute period. Props should be handled as such that they do not interfere with the other dancers on stage or in the wings. Props must be carried/placed as not to cause damage to the marley flooring. Prior approval is necessary if additional time is needed. Dangerous props, including, but not limited to, fire, water, knives, glass, swords, and pyrotechnics are prohibited. If debris is left behind, point reductions may be applied as determined by the director.
• Photos and video recording are not permitted. This rule will be strictly enforced to protect the integrity of the choreographers and the safety of the dancers. Studios may be penalized for failing to adhere, at the director's discretion.
• We expect courteous conduct and good sportsmanship from each and every participant, from the teachers/choreographers to the youngest competitors. Studios do not have the right to reserve a dressing area. Studios are expected to keep their respective areas clean and litter free.
• There is no food or drink permitted in the auditoriums. Smoking is strictly prohibited on school property at any time.
• Security Policy: Your payment and personal information is safe. Our software is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions. All personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, is encrypted and cannot be read over the internet. Such information will only be accessed by authorized employees, agents and contractors who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential.
• Merchandise Return policy: Merchandise and trophies purchased at competitions cannot be returned unless defective. Merchandise/trophies purchased on-line may be returned, providing the garment has not been worn or damaged and must be accompanied by the original receipt within 14 days.
• Shipping/Delivery Policy: All merchandise ordered will ship within 5 days, providing the item is in stock. We will determine the most efficient shipping carrier for your order; US Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx. Sorry, but we cannot ship to PO Boxes. Shipping: 1st item $6.00, each additional item $2.50. Shipping costs subject to change poer the US Post Office rates.
• We reserve the right to cancel an event, add additionals days/times, or to change the location due to unforeseen circumstances. We will try to accommodate all reasonable schedule requests. Please keep in mind that entries performing "out of category" may not be eligible for Overall Awards.
• Dance To Inspire, LLC and their employees are not liable for personal injury or property loss to any participant or spectator.